Illuminate your body's natural healing processes with H Light photobiomodulation / light therapy products!
What is Photobiomodulation/ Light therapy?
- Photobiomodulation is the use of low level light therapy to stimulate cellular function in the body.
- This type of therapy involves exposure to specific wavelengths of light, typically in the red or near infrared spectrum.
- It is thought to work by activating cellular processes, such as increasing energy production and reducing oxidative stress,
Photobiomodulation is being studied for its potential to treat a range of conditions including chronic pain, wound healing and neurological disorders.
Therapeutic benefits of photobiomodulation:
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- Improve wound healing and tissue repair
- Boost collagen production and reduce wrinkles
- Improve skin health and reduce acne
- Treating certain medical conditions such as psoriasis and arthritis
- Reduce muscle fatigue and promote muscle recovery
- Enhance athletic performance
- Improve sleep quality
- Boost mood and reduce symptom of depression
- Support neurological function and potential treatment for certain neurological disorders such as traumatic brain injury and stroke
- Reducing oxidative stress and promote cellular health
- Stimulate hair growth
- Improve vision and treat certain eye conditions such as macular district degeneration
- Promote dental health and certain oral conditions such as oral mucositis
Whilst there are scientific studies to support these benefits, more research is needed to fully understand the effectiveness of photobiomodulation for each specific use.
Who should use photobiomodulation and why?
People with chronic pain
- PBM Has been shown to reduce pain and information make it a potential treatment for people with chronic pain conditions such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
People recovering from acute injury or surgery
- PBM has been shown to promote wound healing, cellular healing and tissue repair.
People with skin concerns
- PBM can help improve skin health, reduce acne and make your skin glow!
- PBM can help reduce muscle fatigue and improve muscle recovery which can be beneficial for athletes looking to improve their performance and reduce the risk of injury and for faster recovery from injury.
People with neurological conditions
- PBM has shown promise in treating neurological conditions such as traumatic brain injury and stroke.
People with oral health concerns
People looking for natural wellness solutions.
- PBM is a non-invasive, natural therapy that can support overall Wellness and promote cellular health.
What are the beneficial wavelengths in photobiomodulation?
- The beneficial wavelengths used in photobiomodulation are typically in the red or near infrared spectrum. These wavelengths have been shown to penetrate deep into the skin and stimulate cellular function, leading to a range of therapeutic benefits.
- The most commonly used wavelengths in PBM are:
- Red light: wavelengths between 620 and 700nm
- Near infrared light: wavelengths between 700 and 11,000 nm
- Different wavelengths may have different our future reflects so it is important to choose the appropriate wavelength for the desired outcome.
- For example, red light may be more effective for superficial skin concerns such as acne whilst near infrared lighting may be more effective for deeper muscle or joint pain.